It’s almost time, friends! The next seasons of the CW Supershows are nearly upon us, and we’re all just as excited as you are to see where they go with them.
Without further ado, here’s the Failcrew’s wishlist for the upcoming seasons of DCTV:
THE FLASH, SEASON THREE – October 4th
- Caitlin needs a cool character arc that has absolutely nothing to do with who she’s in love with.
- Any time now.
- Pied Piper being a good guy as a result of – what else? – Barry screwing with the timeline needs to be addressed.
- More of the Harry/Cisco Comedy Hour.
- More science, fewer freezing laser beams.
- More “love and brains beat hate and brawn any day” stuff.
- More Science Siblings being dorky together.
- Bring Jay Garrick back for at least a few episodes. It would be amazing seeing him and Barry working together to stop a villain.
- Moar Grodd. DO IT.
- I know it will give him a heart attack, but Cisco needs to meet Supergirl.
- Jesse Quick. We need a non-evil lady speedster.
- Jesse Quick. Just. Lots of Jesse Quick.
- Ideally having Jesse be the one to solve Barry’s stupid.
- Fixing the timestream without getting rid of Wally or Jesse’s powers.
- No romantic subplots between the Science Siblings.
- Hartley. Just bring him back for more.
- Michael Rosenbaum, and I honestly don’t care what role you put him in.
ARROW, SEASON FIVE – October 5th
- N/A, do not watch
- Make Arrow about Green Arrow and not about Batman.
- Stop treating Arrow‘s supporting cast like disposable things to give Oliver feels.
- This sounds petty, but also have the Flashpoint meddling fix some of Arrow‘s atrocities like making a Huntress that’s not a damn serial killer and a Kate Spencer (Manhunter, not me :P) who isn’t only there to have a named DC character killed off.
- An end or at least a purpose to the flashbacks. The writers are struggling to make them relevant to current-day stuff and it’s just not working.
- Curtis Holt is going to be Mr. Terrific, right? Do it.
- Have Flashpoint bring back Laurel because what the hell you guys
- Give Digg more fun stuff to do.
- I know this isn’t going to happen but Ollie, loosen up a lot.
- Stop being so melodramatic all the time.
SUPERGIRL, SEASON TWO – October 10th
- More Cat Grant in literally everything please.
- Also please have her admit that she’s known who Supergirl was since the day they met. Cat’s not stupid.
- Also, Kara needs women friends, please. Not just James and Winn.
- Speaking of women, we’re getting Maggie Sawyer CAN WE PLEASE HAVE KATE KANE
- It may be a bit early for this, but someday I’d like to see a sort of multiverse crossover of nothing but different versions of Supergirl. Pre-Crisis, Matrix, Linda Danvers, etc.
- The presence of Superman in a lot of Supergirl promo pics has me a little worried, so I want to see more of Kara establishing herself as her own hero out of the Clark’s shadow.
- Maybe an episode told from Alex’s perspective. Her day-to-day, what being tangled up in a world of supers is like for her.
- They’ve name-dropped Cadmus several times, so maybe throw in Guardian, Dubbilex, or Superboy/Kon-El?
- If ever there were an excuse for a live-action Miss Martian, it’s Supergirl. M’gann and Kara would make a good team and obviously J’onn would have conflicting feelings.
- …I need to catch up on Season 1 first. I know.
- Uh. More ice cream with Barry?
LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, SEASON TWO – October 13th
- Will not be watching because I still hold a grudge against what they did to Leonard.
- Captain Cold back in a heroic capacity, not just as a LegionOof Doom member. Leonard is a good character as a villain, but an even greater character as a reluctant hero.
- Booster Gold. Maybe not joining the team or anything, but at the very least showing up for an episode or two. And of course hints would have to be dropped about how he’s related to Rip Hunter.
- For god’s sake, someone give Rip a hug. He really needs one after the entirety of last season.
- Bring Jonah Hex back if only to have an excuse to do another Western episode.
- I have a list of characters I want to see on this show and many of them fall under the JSA which they’ve already teased. Hourman, Stargirl, and Obsidian have been confirmed at least, how about Alan Scott/Green Lantern or Doctor Fate?
- Netflix means I’ll finally watch Season 1 so, I abstain.
- Crossovers! Like the contrast between Barry and Oliver, I’d like to see the bigger contrast between Kara and Oliver. Someone who’s invulnerable and smiles all the time paired up with someone who is grumpy and gets beaten up constantly.
- A Green Lantern. I know he and Ollie are bros in the comics, but not Hal. How about Jessica Cruz?
- More DCU cameos: Ted Kord, Jaime Reyes, maybe Barbara Gordon or Kate Kane?
- I’d like to see Barry’s Flashpoint meddling merge the Superverse with the Arrowverse.
- For the love of all you hold dear, have Caitlin and Cisco cameo on everyone’s shows.
Like our content? Please consider sponsoring Made Of Fail on Patreon!